Paul Hellyer and the UFO Debate

I have recently begun to readPaul Hellyer’s book titled ‘ Light at the End of the Tunnel’ and canwholeheartedly recommend the book to my readers.  He covers several topics including a usefulcontribution to public finance and the gospel of St. John.

More important is his discussionon UFOs.  What he brings to the table isa recent interest and real access to a number of witnesses because of his ownposition in public life.  Most importantly,he is technically trained and is also skilled in judging witness quality as hemust have been in order to hold the positions he held.  Thus his reporting is both skillful andcompletely convincing and meets the highest standards.

Anyone a newcomer to the UFOdebate is well advised to read this work first. Populist books often fail to convince because of those types of weaknessesand that puts of the reader.

I also learned something aboutthe natural UFO reporting situation that needs to be better understood.

Military men confronted with anevent face an unusual problem:

1                   The problem falls outside their training.
2                   It also falls outside the whole chain of command.
3                   A real fear exists in terms of their career becausethey will be seen to be reporting nonsense.

Therefore, long before we everlook for a conspiracy ordered from on high, we have a legitimate conspiracy ofsilence to deal with.  Oh My!

Then when the evidence isgathered from the first attendees, it is put of a truck and everyone is orderedto be a clam.  The data falls of the faceof the Earth.

After that it is really possible thatno one even cares.   It really could endup somewhere in a black hole protected by Sgt. Whoever.

Of course, there is reason tothink that there is a secret effort to convert such evidence into real scienceand the supporting argument that this has inspired scientific research fordecades.  Perhaps, but to be fair, wehave discovered nothing that was not already happening in the lab.  In fact we are coming late to work on grapheneand that should have been a gimme from the evidence available.  I personally had conjectured the line ofresearch just from the existence of UFOs in the first instance.  We should have been going down these linesthirty years ago.  There is no evidencewe have.

Otherwise Paul Hellyer has addeda valuable voice and a touch of personal courage to the UFO debate.  His interests resonate with myself as well asI too was born and raised in Ontarioand understand the Christian culture of the region.

'I believe in UFOs... and I've seen them': Former Canadian defenceminister accuses American government of cover-up

Last updated at 2:22 AM on 26th February 2011

He is on an advisory body to the Queen, works as an environmentalcampaigner and is credited with integrating Canada's armed forces.

But aside from all this, the ex-Canadian defence minister says UFOs arereal, aliens have visited Earth and the U.S. government is covering upinformation about them.

Paul Hellyer says he would probably get fired for his views if he wasstill Canada'sMinister of National Defense today, but is adamant he has seen UFOs himself.

Paul Hellyer: The ex-Canadian Minister of National Defense says he isconvinced that UFOs are real and alleges the U.S. has covered up information onthem

The 87-year-old, who is the longest-serving member of the Queen's PrivyCouncil for Canada,said he never discussed his views with top officials when he was in office.

‘This is the kind of thing that sometimes they don't tell politiciansabout,’ he said.

‘I have no doubt that there were probably people in my employ who wouldhave been more knowledgeable than I was at the time.’

‘I got periodic reports on sightings and I looked at them verycasually. It was decided that about 80 per cent of them were natural phenomenaof one sort or another and the other 20 per cent roughly were unexplained andtherefore unidentified.’

Mr Hellyer is presenting his views on UFOs this week at theInternational UFO Congress in Scottsdale, Arizona, and says he is‘convinced’ of their existence.

‘We lived too long in a sense of isolation, thinking that Earth was thecentre of the cosmos, that we were the only species and, therefore, probablythe most advanced.'

‘And when we come to the realisation that we're not any of thosethings, then I think we should be aware of it (and) learn to live with it,' hetold AOL News.

Proportions: Mr Hellyer believes about 80 per cent of sighting reportswere natural phenomena and the other 20 per cent roughly were of UFOs

Mr Hellyer claims to have seen a UFO with his wife when spending lastThanksgiving near Toronto, and they stared at the sky for 20 minutes watchingit moving.

He told AOL: ‘By process of elimination, we determined it wasn't a staror satellite and it wasn't the space station, so there was really noexplanation for it other than it was, in fact, a UFO. It looked like a star,but it manoeuvred in a way that stars don't.’

He believes the U.S.has developed new forms of energy at secret ‘black operation’ units using alientechnology and that a ‘shadow government’ is behind this activity.

Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell, founder of the Institute of NoeticSciences research group, has described Mr Hellyer's theory as an 'importantcontribution' to literature.

‘His experience in government, his interest in exo-politics and theissues of sustainability of civilization are significant areas of currentdiscourse,' he said.

Retired Army Colonel John Alexander, also speaking at this week’sconference, believes UFOs are real but says there has never been a cover-up.

Mr Hellyer added: ‘People keep talking about transparency and still nottelling the truth, and this applies in various other areas as well as UFOs.

'It's just about time that we started getting open with each other andtrying to get along and live together.’

He said he would 'probably be open-mouthed about it' and 'might getfired for it' if he talked about his opinions in office today.

He said in 2005 that the U.S. military was preparing weaponsto use against aliens, and they 'could get us into an intergalactic war withoutus ever having any warning'.

He said two years later that governments should be using alternativesto fossil fuels from alien technology obtained during alleged UFO crashes tofight climate change.

Mr Hellyer was responsible in 1963 for creating the Canadian ArmedForces from the integration of the Royal Canadian army, navy and air force intoone organisation.

He has also campaigned over issues such as monetary reform, the Middle East and the environment.

Mr Hellyer's website says that he is the 'first person of cabinet rankin the G8 group of countries to state unequivocally “UFO’s are as real as theairplanes flying overhead".'

Other public figures who have stated UFOs are of extra-terrestrialorigin include former USSRleader Mikhail Gorbachev, Professor Stephen Hawking and Ronald Reagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment